Skip to main content

Orlando Trip - Day 3 & A Big Surprise

The third day of our trip was interesting one. Will told me on Friday that he made reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table on Sunday for brunch, so I was super excited because it's always been a dream to visit Magic Kingdom, but mostly Cinderella's Castle.

I woke up extra early not just because I was excited to visit Cinderella's Castle, but because I really wanted to catch the sun rise outside and take pictures of the lake behind our building, so here's a few shots I took:


Isn't it gorgeous? I wish I can see views like this New York City. After Will woke up and we both ate breakfast we proceeded to park in Disney Springs and caught an UBER to Magic Kingdom where we had to ride a rail to the ferry to actually get to the park/Castle. We were almost late for our reservation, but they gave us a ten minute window to get to the castle.

There were a lot of people lining up. I was extremely excited for the castle experience. I read reviews on Yelp about the experience and how four princess would come out for picture and autograph. The restaurant/castle sure was humongous and big. They also gave a magic wand to me and a sword to Will.

Everyone was very humble, lovely, friendly, respectful and hospitable. 




We had a Prix-Fixe menu which included the Chef's Tasting Table (a platter of cured meats, cheese, and other special selections of the castle). I had the Chef's Fish of the Day which was salmon and Will had the Beef & Shrimp (grilled beef tenderloin with crushed fingerling potato confit, shrimp, and seasonal vegetables).The waitress didn't take our dessert order which I was a little unhappy about because I thought they forgot because the restaurant was super busy, but later on...


A plate of rose petals and Cinderella's glass shoe was on the plate, three people including our waitress was surrounding our table, and Will got down on one knee with the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.
It happened! It really happened! I can't believe he proposed in a restaurant full of people and at Cinderella's Castle, a place I've been dreaming about for years. The waitress apologized for not taking our dessert orders and explained why and insisted she could take our order instead, but I said no, it's okay. 


Will hired Disney Photographers to take a picture of the magic moment and they photos came out pretty amazing! They let us keep the Cinderella Glass Shoe and a set of Cinderella's glasses. So nice and thoughtful of them! They also gave us buttons to put on our shirts.


I also wanted to take a picture in front of the castle as it was a wish I had for before I turned 30. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching where I was stepping, missed a step and fell and scraped my knee. It hurt quite a lot at first, but somehow I was able to slowly walk around Disney Springs with Will afterwards.




We ended up eating dinner at Portobello inside Disney Springs. We had Italian food and it was amazing! The staff were super friendly and the restaurant itself was great. The waitress found out it was our engagement day so she gave us a complimentary slice of chocolate cake. It was heaven!

It was definitely a great day to remember, minus the heat and that I fell. After dinner, we headed back to our resort and started strategically packing since the next day was our last day in Orlando.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Surprise

My boyfriend just turned 30 on Friday. His birthday was a project that I had started planning way back in June because I wanted his 30th birthday to be fun and memorable and unlike any birthday we've had with our friends or ever. I wanted his birthday to be epic and epic it was.

I collaborated with my best friend who's in Arizona and a few friends and my sister on Pinterest and pinning different ideas we had for his 30th birthday. I went to my sister for ideas and tips since she's been to big parties and have booked restaurant spaces before for parties. Around June, we went to this trendy and new Asian Fusion restaurant called Doka Square in Lower East Side for our friend's birthday and I was in love with the decor, ambiance, cocktails/beverage menu, and food. I met the manager to discuss the interest of utilizing their restaurant, food, and space for Will's big 30th.
The manager and I communicated via e-mail for 3-4 months about Will's birthday from menu to pr…

Orlando Trip - Day One

This was an exciting trip that I couldn't wait for because Will and I had planning for it since 2016 and it was my second time flying on a plane since I was two. I was a little nervous about flying on a plane because of motion sickness and etc.  It turned out to be okay. We woke up at 4AM and was picked up by a car service at 4:45AM and I was surprised that there would be traffic on the highway around 5AM. Our car couldn't make it to the terminal that we needed to get to so we pretty much walked from the road. LaGuardia Airport was/is probably one of the most boring and depressing places I've seen in my life in New York City. Will has priority pass so we were able to access the lounge they had inside the airport which was very dark and depressing inside. I swear I thought I was at a club, minus the music, dancing, and drinking. 
We proceeded to get on line for security check and of course the agent that was running our luggage through the belt was a bit of an ass as he st…